These are the terms (Registration Terms) under which users can register on the National Clinical Terminology Service (NCTS) website found at www.healthterminologies.gov.au (Website) to access and download certain terminology products and tools (Registration Content). By registering to access and/or download the Registration Content, you agree to be bound by these Registration Terms. The Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency) may amend these Registration Terms from time to time and without notice to you. If you continue to access the Registration Content you are deemed to have accepted the Registration Terms, as amended.
Other parts of the Website may have specific terms and conditions of use which apply in addition to these Registration Terms, and by accessing those parts of the Website, you also agree to those additional terms and conditions of use.
Purpose of Registration
By registering to access and/or download the Registration Content, you will be able to access and/or download (where applicable) the Registration Content which contains Agency developed products and third party developed products from time to time, including:
- the Australian National Terminology release comprising the International Release of SNOMED CT® 1 together with the Australian national extensions (e.g. SNOMED CT AU) and any Australian national derivatives (e.g. Australian Medicines Terminology);
- some third party terminology products licensed to the Agency by third parties;
- terminology tools and applications supporting the authoring of code systems, value sets, concept maps and standards based terminology extensions or derivatives;
- the National Terminology Server , being the Agency’s deployment of ONTOSERVER® 2 , hosting the national terminology content which is available for read only integration for non-runtime system use; and
- the National Syndication Server which supports the automated download of national terminology content.
- In order to register you must create an account (organisation or individual), including a password, and accept the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation’s “SNOMED CT Affiliate License Agreement” and the Agency’s “Australian National Terminology Licence Agreement”. Other Registration Content is also subject to other Agency and third party licence terms.
- If you create an organisation account, you will become the responsible user of the user account for your organisation (Responsible Person). By creating that account you warrant that you are, at the time of creation of the account, employed or contracted to the organisation, and have the authority to accept these Registration Terms and all additional licence terms, including third party licence terms, that these Registration Terms require you to accept on behalf of your organisation before you can register or to access any Registration Content.
- As the Responsible Person you will be responsible for adding, deleting and managing other users in your organisation who will be permitted to access Registered Content on behalf of your organisation (Organisation User). The Agency will issue each Organisation User their own individual account credentials (including password).
- By creation of your organisation account your organisation accepts that all Organisation Users are bound by these Registration Terms and any other additional licence terms, including third party licence terms that these Registration Terms or other Website terms require your organisation to accept.
- Usernames and passwords for access to the Registration Content are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Usernames and passwords are to be kept confidential, in safe custody and you must not allow unauthorised access to same. You are responsible for all activities that occur under those usernames and passwords. You should immediately notify the Agency via email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised access or use to your usernames and passwords.
- The Agency does not guarantee that you can access and/or download any Registration Content. Access and download is subject to various contingencies including systems or equipment failure, internet or hosting failures, and interference from viruses, worms and the like. Neither the Website nor the Registration Content may be available on an uninterrupted or error free basis.
- You may only use the Website and Registration Content in a manner that does not interfere with or harm other users, the hosting site, the platform or other infrastructure through which the centre is made available.
- All registered users will be required to answer a short Statement of Usage survey annually each June as a condition of continued access to the Registration Content.
Once you have successfully registered for access to the Registration Content in accordance with these Registration Terms, you will be a “Registered User”.
Personal details and privacy
- The Agency collects and uses your personal information to set up your Registered User account. The Agency may also send you notifications relating to existing Registration Content and updates of Registration Content available on this Website.
- Any details provided by you for accessing the Registration Content must be correct and up to date. Should your details change, please notify the Agency within 30 days of the change taking place by updating your account profile.
- Personal information will be collected and handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended from time to time. For the purpose of privacy laws, you agree to allow:
- use of your personal information for communications regarding use of, participation in or activities generally relating to the Website;
- collation and analysis of information on a de-identified basis about your use of the Website; and
- use by the Agency of any information posted or submitted by you on the Website.
- Temporary sessions or permanent cookies may be used in conjunction with the Website and traffic may be monitored to determine utilisation, server usage and performance. In addition, the Agency may collect information from you such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address. The Agency may also collect geolocation data associated with your IP address, which may identify your region or city.
Registration Content, disclaimers and limitations of liability
- Registration Content made available through the Website is made available subject to the following terms:
- the Registration Content is made available ‘as is’ and in good faith, subject to any express written agreement between you and the Agency to the contrary;
- no representation is made by the Agency or warranty given by the Agency as to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose of the Registration Content or non-infringement of third party rights by the Registration Content;
- you must make your own assessment as to the suitability of the Registration Content; and
- you use the Registration Content at your own risk.
- Registration Content may be revised from time to time, including by way of updates and new releases of any software included in the Registration Content. The Agency reserves the right to withdraw, replace or modify the Registration Content without having to provide reasons or give prior notice.
- Registration Content may be made available subject to further third party terms (including additional ‘click through’ licence terms). In order to gain access to such Registration Content, you must agree to and comply with the further terms.
- Subject to any express written agreement between you and the Agency to the contrary and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Agency disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind including, without limitation, as to accuracy, adequacy, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights of any Registration Content.
- Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded, the Agency’s liability under any such condition or warranty will be limited to:
- in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- if the breach relates to services, the supplying of those services or the payment of the cost of having the services re-supplied.
- In no event will the Agency be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage whether through negligence or otherwise (including, without limitation, special, consequential or exemplary damages; damages for loss of profits, goodwill, loss of data; or other intangible losses) suffered by you or any other person as a result of, or in connection with your use of the Registration Content.
- All intellectual property in relation to the Registration Content belongs to the Agency or is licensed by the Agency from a third party. The Registration Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the Registration Content.
- The Agency retains all its intellectual property rights in the Agency-owned Registration Content. Third-party-owned Registration Content is made available subject to any additional third party licences and use of this Registration Content is governed by those terms.
- The Agency reserves the right to:
- without notice, terminate your registration as a Registered User by cancelling your username and password;
- without notice, prevent access to the Registration Content by you or any user or group of users;
- terminate any additional applicable Agency licence applicable to your use of the Registration Content in accordance with the applicable licence terms.
The laws of New South Wales govern these Registration Terms.
1 SNOMED and SNOMED CT are registered trademarks of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation.
2 ONTOSERVER is a registered trade mark of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in Australia